New Blog

This is my second blog. Well technically it's my third but I don't really count one since I think I did like 5 posts and quit. My first blog started out great and then I completely lost interest in posting. After quite a bit of reflecting I finally figured out why. The blog was started as a way for us to include our friends and families, who were hours away, in our life. Once we moved back the blog became, well unnecessary.

I am making this blog for no other reason than a record of our life for myself. The idea of keeping a journal has always intrigued me but I hate sitting down and writing with pen and paper.

A little about me:

I am a twentysomething living in St. Louis with my husband, Chad, and my dog, Lily. We recently purchased our first home and we are pregnant with our first child, a little girl, whom we have affectionately nicknamed Monkey.

I have three very important pieces to my personality that just about every single one of my quirks, hobbies and traits can be categorized in.

1. I am truly a nomadic soul. Settling down in one place is stifling to me but that is precisely what I am trying to do at the moment. We have been in the same city now for about 1.5 years and the longing for a new environment grows stronger every day. My brother says no matter where I go he doesn't think I will ever find true contentment and sadly he is probably right. This of course also explains my greatest hobby in life...traveling. There is nothing like the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a new place. I am always willing to try just about anything once and never turn down the opportunity for a new adventure.

2. Contrary to what #1 would make you think, I am a Type A personality. My life revolves around lists, organization, goals, plans and perfectionism. Typically I need to do everything myself, on my own terms, in my own way and at my own time. That would probably qualify me as a bit of a control freak.

3. I have a desire, no a need, to constantly be creating something. This need explains most of the rest of my hobbies. I love to cook, although following a recipe I find very difficult, sew, scrapbook, garden, decorate, craft and draw. While I don't know where #1 and #2 come from I do know where this trait does. Growing up both of my parents where constantly creating something. My dad would be out in his shop making beautiful pieces of furniture and my mom well she was always working on at least 3 or 4 ideas.

For now creating a beautiful home and cooking from scratch for my little family, along with enjoying being near our friends and extended family, is what makes me happy with St. Louis being my temporarily permanent home.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP