Our Nursery So Far

A lot of our free time lately has been spent fixing up the future nursery. So far we have managed to get the walls painted, some of the furniture purchased and most of the main decor decided on.

Our Nursery So Far
There are a couple difference from the picture above. I couldn't find a photo of our actual rocker but it is very similar in shape to this one. However, ours is a more of a slight off white than an actual tan color. Second our fan has white blades as opposed to wood. Also, the big black square is actually an entire black wall. It will be a magnetic chalkboard wall which we couldn't be more excited about!

The biggest dilemma I have right now are the curtains for the room. We have one window that is slightly wider than a normal window. The wall it is on is white and will have only the rocker in one corner with the little table beside it. The one thing I know I want is some sort of sheer or shade for added privacy since that side of the house is very close to the neighbors.

The first line of pictures below are the two different panel styles I am trying to choose between. I could either go more simple and clean lined with a grommet style that just hangs on the sides of the window. The other option is a tied back rod pocket panel which would provide a soft lush feeling.

Then I have to choose the shade style. I really love the look of bamboo roman shades and I found some that are on clearance which are cordless. A very good idea for a nursery! However, there isn't really any other natural wood look in there at the moment so I didn't know if it would stand out in a bad way or not. I could always bring some in with the accents I suppose. I could also go with either a sheer roman shade or a full panel sheer.

Finally I could scrap all of those ideas and go with a roman shade similar to the very last picture. I really do like the look of that a lot however, since there wasn't anything else going on that wall I didn't know if that would make the window too plain or not.

window treatments

When it comes to color all along I have planned to go with white curtains to blend in seamlessly with the wall since an entire black wall seemed to be enough drama for one small space. However, now I am wondering if I shouldn't do the curtains in a pink to pull the color throughout the room some more.

Can you tell I am lost? Suggestions? Which of these would you pull together or would you go with a totally different idea? Any and all ideas are very welcomed!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP