Thrifty Finds

I had to run to the post office today to get stamps for our Christmas cards. While I was there it seemed the perfect opportunity to run over to Goodwill. I have been wanting to try my hand at making a pair of recycled longies. Since these require a wool or nearly all wool sweater it was something that I was going to have to elsewhere besides my always growing stack of material. Not only did the perfect sweater make its way into my hands but I found some other fabulous deals as well. Everything I purchased was in either new or nearly new condition. Not a stain, rip, hole or any fading in site

1 sweater for longies & diaper cover - $6
1 women's knit turtleneck to make into a sleeper and hat - $3
1 6-12 mos heavy jacket (old navy) - $4
4 pairs of soft baby pants - $4 ($1 each)
1 6 mos dress - $1
2 infant hats - $1 ($.50 each)
1 skull cap with fleece lining (NWT) - $2
1 pink hooded towel - $1
1 penguin hooded toddler sized towel (NWT) - $1 (This retails for $11 at Target!)
1 pink and white baby blanket - $1
1 Safety First swaddler - $1

Bringing my grand total to $25

Here is a picture of my loot:


I am so excited. The best part is now I have a few more sewing projects to add to the list!

Jennelle  – (December 15, 2009 at 6:06 AM)  

Oooh, check it out! You scored some great deals, Mindy!

Blogger  – (December 3, 2017 at 4:32 PM)  

Register on EverydayFamily TODAY and you will receive stage by stage pregnancy and baby email newsletters, promotions and weekly coupon alerts as well as access to free baby samples, coupons, baby magazines and much more.

New Members Can Win Free Diapers for a Whole Year!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP