2009 Winter Holiday Review

This may have been the most enjoyable holiday season that we have had in years even though I can't put my finger on what was all that different.

Thanksgiving was spent eating lots of food and enjoying time with both of our families. It was also the first time most of my family had seen me with my baby bump even though it was pretty unimpressive.

I love Christmas. The sights, sounds, smells and tastes of the season all manage to win me over despite the bitter cold that accompanies the season. Christmas was again spent eating lots of food and enjoying time with both of our families. I was incredibly spoiled this year. My parents surprised me with this scrapbook tote (in brown and pink though) in addition to the new closet system my dad is making for the nursery!

My inlaws surprised us with our carseat and an extra base for it. I am just the tiniest bit obsessed with it!


Finally under my tree was my beautiful new purse. I finally cashed in on a deal Chad and I had made years earlier. The best part of this present was actually the look on my darling husbands face as we picked it out together and then again as I unwrapped it. How lucky I truly am!

For Chad the tree was mostly filled with many new tools which he couldn't have been more excited about. :). Lily too had a great year and really got into the spirit of opening presents. She ripped and shredded the paper and I think may have enjoyed that more than what was inside!

We rang in New Years with a great group of friends on the Illinois side. This trip was made so much easier due to 64 now being open! This year we ended up being one of the first too leave after the ball drop but it was still WAY too late for me. I manage to stay up so late by have a glass of coke which of course is full of caffeine. It definitely kept Monkey awake as well. She was bouncing in my belly all evening long!

2009 has been such a memorable year. We have gone from just a couple with a dog renting an apartment to a house with a baby on the way (and of course the dog is still a very constant presence!).

2010 has started off with a bang as well due to starting massive amounts of renovation on the house this first week of January. Guess it is time to get back to helping with that.

Jennelle  – (January 5, 2010 at 7:31 PM)  

Love the purse! I can't wait to see/hear about the house renovations. I love a good before and after. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP