Mid Week Miscellany

1. Renovations are progressing slowly. Very slowly. Our progress so far:

Guest room - needs caulk and touch up paint
Nursery - waiting for closet system and closet doors to be installed
Hallway - crown needs sanded & painted, baseboards need painted, linen closet trim and doors painted, install new lights
Living/Dining room - finish spackling walls, install window trim, fill nail holes, sand down trim and crown, paint everything
Foyer - sand crown, caulk new trim & baseboards, paint trim & door, repaint walls
Family room - remove old trim, pull up carpet and vinyl, drywall patch walls, spackle, sand, paint, have new carpet laid, install & paint new trim and molding
Kitchen - remove old baseboards & install new ones, sand & paint trim, paint counter tops, clean, sand, paint & re-grout old tile backsplash, figure out what to do with nasty vinyl floor, paint garage door, hang new basement door.

If you think the size of this list is scary you should see what it looks like on paper where each task is truly broken down. Did I mention our deadline is Monday February 8? Self imposed deadline by yours truly but I may just lose it if we go past that date!

2. I finally picked fabric for the nursery and decided what was going to go where. I can't wait to get started on it! That will be my February projects starting Tuesday February 9 since I may need a day break from projects to actually clean my house.

3. I didn't eat meat for the last two years out of choice for not really liking it. Then somehow it turned into a label and I felt pressured not to eat meat due to said label. Pregnancy requires a great deal of protein and I am having severe aversions to many protein sources but for once in my life meat tastes delish. So now I eat meat. Everyone seems to think it is ok to not only have an opinion but voice it about my choices and make rude remarks. Yes I LOVED that steakburger I had a couple of weeks ago. Get over it. And no I have no clue how I will feel about different protein sources after pregnancy.

4. Lily got sick last Friday around 5. In my car. It was disgusting. Then she continued to get sick for the rest of the evening. Due to this we missed a good friends going away party. Then at midnight she decided she felt a million times better, ate her dinner and was ready to play. Fortunately for her, she is super cute and I can't stayed annoyed for too long.

5. Those that believe a baby's foot in the ribs hurts should try having a head there instead. Monkey is breech and has figured out she can use my bladder to trampoline her head into my already sore right rib over and over. She typically starts this about 9:00 at night and continues off and on till about 2 am. It makes for a very long sleepless night.

6. They say that a baby's sleep pattern is established and noticeable by now (30 weeks). I have definitely noticed that she does seem to have awake and quiet times roughly around the same time every day. However, if this is the pattern that she tends to follow after she is here I am terrified. It is nothing in line with my sleep and awake times. I am not a good exhausted person. You should feel very terrified for my husband. Good thing he has more patience in his pinky toe than I do in my whole body.

7. I realized the other day that I still have not made our wedding albums. It's been almost 3 years. They may never happen at this point and that makes me oh so very sad. Maybe when the house is done if that ever happens either.

8. My bff had her baby this past week. Her new son is absolutely precious and I couldn't adore him more. I am so excited for her and her hubby. However, I am a little sad too. Being pregnant together was such an amazing experience and I am so lucky to have gotten to have it but sad it is over. Getting to hold and snuggle that little boy though is worth the little sadness. It is also amazing to see Chad's eyes light up when he holds him and see what an amazing daddy he is going to be to our little one.

9. Baby class frightens me every week. I hated hearing about the epidurals but I thought I was going to throw up when they pulled out the needle for show and tell. If I wasn't convinced before that natural was my goal it sure was after that. My needle fear is now right up there with my fear of 8 legged flesh eating monsters (aka spiders to the rest of the world)

That basically sums it up. I am really hoping to have before and after pics of at least a couple rooms next week.

Pilar  – (January 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM)  

Haha... That thing about the meat sounds so Phoebe from Friends :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP